Friday, October 26, 2012

The Super Awesome Super Food

Ah, the blueberry.  Since you are so delicious, yet so many people completely ignore you, I've decided to interview you in hopes that you can explain to the world why you are so wonderful. So, here we go.

Me:  So tell me, my sweet, favorite super food, why are you so blue?
Blueberry:  Oh, it's just a tint due to my high anthocyanin content.  In layman's terms, that means that I am a pretty color with lots of vitamin C, vitamin K, fiber and phytochemicals.
Me:  What are your other benefits?
Blueberry:  In various studies, I am known to be a natural anti-inflammatory (why take ibuprofen?) and have even been known to reduce risks of cancer.
Me:  Wow, I'm impressed!  Do you have any affect on blood pressure?
Blueberry:  Good question!  Yes, I have been in study after study, proving that I have the ability to control blood pressure, lower any high cholesterol levels and improve memory in older adults.  I'm also linked to reducing symptoms of depression!
Me:  That is amazing!  Are you high in calories?
Blueberry:  No, quite the contrary.  Check out my calorie content and other macronutrients here.  You'll be surprised.
Me:  Where do you come from?
Blueberry:  Although I can be found in Europe and Asia, I have more brothers and sisters than you can imagine that come from North America.
Me:  You seem to be really popular on YouTube, so I will leave our readers with this video to enjoy!


5 comments:

Matthew Hirst said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Matthew Hirst said...

And they are really tasty when mixed with fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt, a perfect breakfast food or snack.

Anonymous said...

This is very intriguing, You are a quite skilled blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look forward to looking for far more of your wonderful post. Also, I've shared your internet web site in my social networks!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after checking through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
Nonetheless, I'm definitely happy I found it and I'll be book-marking and checking
back frequently!

my web blog :: energy shots

Unknown said...

Matt, they are great with Greek yogurt, and gluten free oats! Thanks to everyone for commenting!